Summer is nearly here and after all the hibernation of the last few months, it’s time to get out and about with your kids and enjoy the sunshine. So here are 5 reasons why we think Laborie is the most family-friendly wine farm you can visit.
- Safe space. With kids, you just can’t beat the benefits of giving them space to run around, explore, chase each other, squirrel-watch etc etc. Our lovely lawns are away from car parks and roads so you don’t have to worry about traffic and there is lots of room to play whilst you sit and relax.
- Child Minders. During busy periods (& subject to availability), we are able to provide a child minding service to help you enjoy your time with us safe in the knowledge the kids are being well looked after.
- Homemade Kids Meals. Chef Matthew Gordon of Harvest Restaurant has put together a delicious homemade kids’ meals sure to please mini-gourmands. Healthy, tasty and easy to handle, it’s a menu designed by a parent who knows what other parents want for their kids, and what every kid loves to eat. And the prices are family-friendly as well.
- Jungle Gym. Our jungle gym is a riot of slides, swings, ladders and lots of other bits and pieces designed to keep your children interested, amused and exercised whilst you enjoy a glass of wine on the stoep of Harvest Restaurant. For slightly older kids and all the adults out there, we also have a great boulle pit with equipment available for your use.
- A slice of history. You don’t want to overdo it, but it’s always nice to have a bit of focus to an outing. Let history come alive for your kids with a visit to our Manor House and then take a gentle stroll to the Anglo-Boer War Monument with its moving brass plaques depicting the harsh facts of war. And then reflect on a day well-spent on our sunny lawns or shady stoep with a glass of wine, family and friends.
Fabulous wines, delicious, well-priced food, oodles of space and friendly, welcoming, helpful staff – all this only 45 minutes from the Southern Suburbs of Cape Town! Don’t take our word for it – come and see for yourself and bring all the family with you. Our Laborie family is waiting to welcome yours.